It’s amazing what a fresh vinaigrette can do for canned vegies.
Sometimes we forget to add the pimento. Sometimes we use red onion instead of green. Sometimes we throw in chickpeas or diced carrots or water chestnuts. Use your imagination. It’s all good.
* 1 1/2 cups celery, chopped
* 1 (15 ounce) can baby green peas
* 1 cup green onion, chopped
* 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
* 1 (11 ounce) can white shoepeg corn
* 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
* 1 to 2 T sugar or Splenda (start small and add as needed)
* 1/4 cup canola oil
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon dried dill
Blend ingredients for dressing and toss with vegies. Simple, yummy and healthy.
This is not my recipe. If anyone finds out who invented it, give them a prize and then tell me who they are.